Full Name: Kyrgyz National News Agency Kabar
Head: Director - Mr. Mederbek Shermetaliev
Address: 175 Abdrahmanov st. Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
Phone: +996 312, +996 312 661168
Contact Person: Nurzhan Kasmalieva
- The Kyrgyz National News Agency Kabar is the only state information and analytical institution and coordinator of the domestic and international information policy of the Kyrgyz Republic.
- The agency disseminates official information provided by government authorities, civil society structures, business associations and other data, primarily in the Kyrgyz Republic and abroad.
- The tasks of the Kabar News Agency include the collection and prompt dissemination of objective information about the most important events in the socio-political life of Kyrgyzstan and throughout Central Asia.
- The agency carries out international and foreign economic relations in information and other areas of activity, promoting the development of information and other relations between Kyrgyzstan and foreign countries. Currently, the agency has information exchange agreements with all CIS countries, a number of well-known news agencies around the world - Xinhua, CNA (China), Kyodo, Yonhap, QNA, WAM, TASS, etc.
- Kabar is the country's very first news agency. It was formed on the basis of the KirTAG agency, which was founded in 1937.
- The agency was the main supplier of official information to other media and the mouthpiece of government authorities. In 2001 it was transformed into Kabar News Agency.
- The agency published news in six languages – Kyrgyz, Russian, English, Turkish, Arabic and Chinese.