The Seoul 2019 Declaration
We, the delegates to the Organization of Asia-Pacific News Agencies (OANA) General Assembly held in Seoul, the Republic of Korea, from Nov. 6 to Nov. 9, 2019, agree on the following declaration after discussions on the theme "New Challenges for Journalism: Technological Innovations and Issues of Trust."
1. OANA members will make their utmost efforts as responsible media outlets to prevent the spread of fake news and misinformation through rigorous fact-checking in order to earn and deserve public trust.
2. OANA members will share their experience and expertise in preventing the distribution of fake news and misinformation with each other in joint efforts to safeguard integrity in journalism throughout the OANA region.
3. OANA members will jointly seek means to use technological advancements in producing and distributing news, and find ways to reach a wider audience in and outside of the OANA region.
4. OANA members will make concerted efforts against digital piracy and other forms of violations of intellectual property rights, and share information on any breaches made against OANA member agencies.
5. OANA members, in reaffirming their commitment to peace and understanding among nations, support the Korean peace process based on confidence-building and easing of tensions, and wish for such a process to contribute to peace in the Asia-Pacific region.