ID :
358001
Sun, 02/22/2015 - 10:22
Auther :

Foreign tourists still pack Thailand's Hat Yai

BANGKOK, February 22 (TNA) - Despite Friday’s car bombing incident in the Thailand’s southern province of Narathiwat, foreign tourists, mostly Malaysians, continue to crowd nearby Hat Yai district celebrating the Chinese New Year amid tight security provided by police and volunteers. Panu Woramit, chief of Tourism Authority of Thailand Hat Yai office, said the tourism business in Hat Yai during the Chinese New Year this year was much better than the corresponding period last year as hotel rooms were fully booked, while it was estimated that about 300 million baht would change hands. He also said tourists were expected to visit Hat Yai in large numbers again during the annual Songkran festival, or Thailand’s traditional New Year which falls between April 13 – 15. Hat Yai would also host an international balloon festival this March 6 – 7, said the tourism official, adding that foreign tourists still had high confidence on security measures in the district. (TNA)

X