Full Name: Yonhap News Agency
Head: President and CEO - Mr. Ghi-Hong Seong
Address: 25, Yulgok-ro 2-gil, Jongno-gu, Seoul, 03143, Republic of Korea
Phone: 82-2-398-3114 FAX: 82-2-398-3565
Mr. Hwang Sun-ik / email@example.com / TEL: 82-2-398-3661
Ms. Kim Su-jin / firstname.lastname@example.org / TEL: 82-2-398-3679
Mr. Ko Joong-ki / email@example.com / TEL: 82-2-398-3659
- As South Korea’s representative new agency, Yonhap News operates the nation’s largest news coverage network and provides fast and accurate domestic and international news more than 3,000 news items daily, including articles, photos, graphics and video in real time.
- Yonhap News was launched in 1980 under the name “Yonhap News Agency” through the merger of three existing news agencies. In 2003, Yonhap News was designated to the nation’s representative news agency under the 2003 News Agency Promotion Act enacted by the National Assembly.
- OANA member since 1987.
- Runs subsidiaries including Yonhap News TV(all-news channel), Yonhap Infomax which distributes real-time financial news, Northeast Asia Data Center.
- Overseas correspondents in 33 cities (Washington D.C., New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Atlanta, Chicago, Vancouver, Mexico City, Buenos Aires, Sao Paulo, Paris, Berlin, London, Brussels, Geneva, Rome, Vatican, Moscow, Vladivostok, Istanbul, Beijing, Shenyang, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Hanoi, Taipei, New Delhi, Bangkok, Jakarta, Almaty, Cairo, Johannesburg, Sydney).
- News serviced in Korean, English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, Spanish, French.