ID :
419769
Sat, 10/08/2016 - 04:53
Auther :

Police Investigates Security Forces Personnel For ESScomm Info Leak - IGP

KUALA LUMPUR, Oct 8 (Bernama) -- Inspector-General of Police Khalid Abu Bakar said the police were in the process of identifying the security forces personnel who might have been the culprit behind the leakage of information pertaining to the security forces operations in the Eastern Sabah Security Command (ESScom) areas. "However, no arrests have been made so far involving members of the security forces personnel," he told reporters after the handing over of duties and the conferment of ranks ceremony at Bukit Aman here Friday. In related matter, a special operation was conducted in the area Thursday and more than 10 people comprising locals and immigrants from Southern Philippines were arrested. The operation is still ongoing and those arrested will be investigated under the Security Offences (Special Measures) Act 2012 (SOSMA), he said. "I do not deny that there is a possibility of security forces involvement in the incidents in ESScom area," he said. Prime Minister Najib Razak had recently said that he believed the leakage of information relating to the operation of security forces in Sabah waters was done by 'insiders' and that it had made it difficult for the security forces to control th areas to the extent of causing kidnapping cases to be rampant, especially in ESSCom area. (photoBERNAMA) -- BERNAMA

X