ID :
419768
Sat, 10/08/2016 - 04:50
Auther :

65th M'sia-Singapore Football Clash Draws Nil

SINGAPORE, Oct 8 (Bernama) -- Malaysia and Singapore ended the Causeway Challenge with no goals. Malaysia coach Ong Kim Swee, however, described the 17 players who played Friday night as the best players that he had so far. "We played well in the second half," he said at the post-match press conference here. When asked whether this would be the team that he would retain for the Suzuki Cup, Ong said "lots of things are going on in Malaysia." "Let see what's going to happen," he said. In the first half, Amri had two attempts outside the penalty box but failed to get through Lions' net. Throughout the game, Singapore team had more attempts for goals but the Tigers' managed to defend the fortress. "They kept the ball well. This is one of the better performance in National Stadium. It is a good sign," Singapore coach V Sundram Moorthy said. Sundram also described the team performance as positive though they were denied a penalty. "That is part of the game," he said. The Causeway Challenge is held six weeks ahead of Asean Football Federation Suzuki Cup which kicks off on Nov 19. -- BERNAMA

X