ID :
177844
Tue, 04/26/2011 - 05:39
Auther :
Shortlink :
https://oananews.org//node/177844
The shortlink copeid
Opening Of Legoland To Boost Johor Tourism
JOHOR BAHARU (Bernama) - The Johor tourism sector will
be given a boost over the next two years with the opening of the Johor Premium
Outlet in Indahpura, near Kulaijaya, in November and Legoland in Nusajaya next
year.
State Tourism, Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs Committee chairman, Hoo
Seong Chang, said the shopping mall and the theme park would be the latest
tourist attractions to Johor.
"The Johor Premium Outlet will be ready in September and will house 100
shops with 85 brands. So this year, will be a good year to promote Johor," he
told reporters after chairing the state tourism committee meeting here Monday.
Hoo said that Johor recorded 1.6 million tourist arrival last year, from 1.5
million in 2009.
As of March this year, a total of 3.9 million tourist arrivals had been
recorded in the state, he added.
In another development, Hoo said the state government would set up an
information tourist centre in Batu Pahat and Segamat to make it easier for
tourists to obtain information, including places of interests, in both the
districts.
"The setting up of this centre is crucial to promote places of interests in
the affected districts," he added.
He said efforts were also being made to promote the food stalls and
restaurants in the state.
be given a boost over the next two years with the opening of the Johor Premium
Outlet in Indahpura, near Kulaijaya, in November and Legoland in Nusajaya next
year.
State Tourism, Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs Committee chairman, Hoo
Seong Chang, said the shopping mall and the theme park would be the latest
tourist attractions to Johor.
"The Johor Premium Outlet will be ready in September and will house 100
shops with 85 brands. So this year, will be a good year to promote Johor," he
told reporters after chairing the state tourism committee meeting here Monday.
Hoo said that Johor recorded 1.6 million tourist arrival last year, from 1.5
million in 2009.
As of March this year, a total of 3.9 million tourist arrivals had been
recorded in the state, he added.
In another development, Hoo said the state government would set up an
information tourist centre in Batu Pahat and Segamat to make it easier for
tourists to obtain information, including places of interests, in both the
districts.
"The setting up of this centre is crucial to promote places of interests in
the affected districts," he added.
He said efforts were also being made to promote the food stalls and
restaurants in the state.