ID :
395799
Wed, 02/03/2016 - 02:24
Auther :
Shortlink :
https://oananews.org//node/395799
The shortlink copeid
S. Korea urges N. Korea to cancel rocket launch
SEOUL, Feb. 3 (Yonhap) -- South Korea urged North Korea on Wednesday to cancel its plan to launch a rocket, warning that Pyongyang will "pay a harsh price" if it goes ahead with the plan.
North Korea has informed the International Maritime Organization that it will launch a satellite between Feb. 8-25.
Cho Tae-yong, deputy chief of the presidential office of national security, called the North's notification a "challenge" to the international community, citing the U.N. Security Council's ongoing discussions to punish North Korea for its fourth nuclear test last month.
"North Korea should withdraw its plan for a launch by recognizing that any launch using ballistic missile technology violates the Security Council resolutions," Cho said.
"We sternly warn that North Korea will pay a harsh price" if it goes ahead with the rocket launch, he said.
(END)