ID :
71018
Sat, 07/18/2009 - 18:46
Auther :

POLICE SET UP BOMBING INFORMATION CENTER

Jakarta, July 18 (ANTARA) - The National Police (Polri) Headquarters has set up a bombing information center as a means of communication and information exchange between the police and the public.

Polri Headquarters' public relations division chief Senior Commissioner Ketut Untung Yoga Ana said here on Saturday the public could give information to the police through the center.

He said the center, located at the National Police's criminal investigation department building on Trunojoyo street in South Jakarta, also provides the public with three cellular phone numbers for communication, namely 081382739874/-75/-76.

Besides Polri, the Jakarta provincial administration has also set up a media center at The Bellagio Mall UG-16, at Mega Kuningan Barat street Kav E 4-3, South Jakarta.

The center will be open to national and international media to obtain as much informations as possible until July 24, 2009 about Friday's bombings of the JW Marriott and Ritz Carlto hotels which killed at least nine people and wounded 52 others.

For the first day on Saturday at the Jakarta media center, Jakarta Governor Fauzi Bowo will hold a press conference at 2 p.m., followed by Culture and Tourism Minister Jero Wacik at 4 p.m., and a Polri official later but the time has yet to be set.

The Frday's deadly bombings in Jakarta were the first this year after peace and security had been maintained in the country for about four years.

On May 28, 2005 two bombs ripped through a marketplace in the mainly Christian town of Tentena, Central Sulawesi, killing 23 people and injuring more than 100 others.

Then, on October 2 in the same year, suicide bombers in the island resort of Bali killed 20 people including foreign tourists.

In 2004 on Jan 10, a bomb killed four people in a karaoke cafe in Palopo, South Sulawesi, and on September 9 in the same year a bomb at the Australian Embassy in Jakarta killed 10 people and wounded more than 100 others.

The JW Marriott Hotel bombing on Friday was the second after the first bomb attack on August 5, 2003, killing 12 and injuring 150 people.***


X