ID :
71019
Sat, 07/18/2009 - 18:47
Auther :
Shortlink :
https://oananews.org//node/71019
The shortlink copeid
DEFENSE MINISTER VISITS BOMBING VICTIMS IN HOSPITAL
Jakarta, July 18 (ANTARA) - Defense Minister Juwono Sudarsono visited victims of the JW Marriott and Ritz Carlton hotel bombings at the MMC Hospital in South Jakarta on Saturday.
The minister spent 20 minutes at the bedsides of the injured victims at the hospital. The minister told them to remain calm during their medical treatment.
He also thanked the medical workers for the maximal services they were providing to the bombing victims.
Asked about the security situation in the country, the minister said security was fully in the hands of police to guarantee, including the imposition of a level-one alert status.
About the travel warnings issued by other countries on Indonesia, Juwono said all countries had the right to issue travel warnings to protect their citizens.
"It is the right of any country to issue a travel warning on Indonesia," the minister said.
He reminded security agencies in the country to increase security measures in order to anticipate the occurrence of undesired things.
Up to now, the MMC hospital is still treating 15 victims. A day earlier the hospital treated 36 victims but some of them have already been allowed to go home.
National Police chief Hendarso Danuri has called on hotels and supermarkets to increase security following the bombings of the hotels in Kuningan, South Jakarta, that killed at least nine people.
Danuri had confirmed that the attacks were suicide bombings and that the police were now still identifying the suspects based on data culled from remnants of their bodies found at the bombing scenes.
He said parts of the face of the bomber at the Ritz Carlton Hotel was still intact while the head of the bomber at JW Marriott Hotel had been crushed but its skin could still be identified.
The Indonesian government will also tighten security at every transportation point across the country.
Transport Minister Jusman Syafii Djamal said this was decided by the transport minister and representatives of the military and the police with regard to supervising flows of goods and passengers."***
The minister spent 20 minutes at the bedsides of the injured victims at the hospital. The minister told them to remain calm during their medical treatment.
He also thanked the medical workers for the maximal services they were providing to the bombing victims.
Asked about the security situation in the country, the minister said security was fully in the hands of police to guarantee, including the imposition of a level-one alert status.
About the travel warnings issued by other countries on Indonesia, Juwono said all countries had the right to issue travel warnings to protect their citizens.
"It is the right of any country to issue a travel warning on Indonesia," the minister said.
He reminded security agencies in the country to increase security measures in order to anticipate the occurrence of undesired things.
Up to now, the MMC hospital is still treating 15 victims. A day earlier the hospital treated 36 victims but some of them have already been allowed to go home.
National Police chief Hendarso Danuri has called on hotels and supermarkets to increase security following the bombings of the hotels in Kuningan, South Jakarta, that killed at least nine people.
Danuri had confirmed that the attacks were suicide bombings and that the police were now still identifying the suspects based on data culled from remnants of their bodies found at the bombing scenes.
He said parts of the face of the bomber at the Ritz Carlton Hotel was still intact while the head of the bomber at JW Marriott Hotel had been crushed but its skin could still be identified.
The Indonesian government will also tighten security at every transportation point across the country.
Transport Minister Jusman Syafii Djamal said this was decided by the transport minister and representatives of the military and the police with regard to supervising flows of goods and passengers."***