ID :
94479
Fri, 12/11/2009 - 21:56
Auther :
Shortlink :
https://oananews.org//node/94479
The shortlink copeid
ANAS: CENTURY BANK COMMITTEE MUST NOT TARGET INDIVIDUALS
Jakarta, Dec 11 (ANTARA) - The chairman of the ruling Democrat Party faction in the House of Representatives, Anas Urbaningrum, said he hoped the Century Bank House Inquiry Committee would not target individuals in its mission.
"We hope the committee will not be led by the spirit of targeting (certain individuals) and change for individual political interests," he said here on Friday.
Regarding the conflict between Finance Minister Sri Mulyani and Golkar Party chairman Aburizal Bakrie, he said it would not disturb the committee's work because it was a collective work.
"So there is no personal agenda because the Ani (Sri Mulyani)-Ical (Aburizal Bakrie) conflict will not affect the work of the committee," he said.
He said the committee would work according to the agenda that would be determined on December 14. "So if everything goes on track it will be smooth," he said.
"There is no doubt about committee membership, moreover its chairman Idrus Marham. What is certain is that they will work according to the agenda," he said.
Regarding the idea to summon President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono (SBY), Anas said that it was not necessary because SBY was not involved in the bank scandal.
"Indeed it is not necessary to summon him because he has no connections with the Century Bank case," he said.
However he said the committee must summon all linked to the case so that the handling of the case could be comprehensive and impartial.
He said the committee must also work transparently and also its budget while all linked to the case must be summoned.
On the failure of the Team 9 to meet with President SBY, Anas said the meeting failed because it was considered unnecessary. "It was cancelled because it was considered unnecessary. Mas Ara (Maruarar) has also asked for its cancelation," he said.
Earlier the team led by Maruarar Sirait from the Indonesia Democratic Party-Struggle (PDIP) had met with national figures to seek support for the investigation of the Century Bank case.
Anas said besides it was considered unnecessary the meeting with President SBY would also be done in the framework of seeking support and that had already been conveyed. It is not that President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono has already expressed his support, he said.
He said President Yudhoyono had already expressed his support so that the committee could be established. Even the committee has already started working now, he said.***1*
"We hope the committee will not be led by the spirit of targeting (certain individuals) and change for individual political interests," he said here on Friday.
Regarding the conflict between Finance Minister Sri Mulyani and Golkar Party chairman Aburizal Bakrie, he said it would not disturb the committee's work because it was a collective work.
"So there is no personal agenda because the Ani (Sri Mulyani)-Ical (Aburizal Bakrie) conflict will not affect the work of the committee," he said.
He said the committee would work according to the agenda that would be determined on December 14. "So if everything goes on track it will be smooth," he said.
"There is no doubt about committee membership, moreover its chairman Idrus Marham. What is certain is that they will work according to the agenda," he said.
Regarding the idea to summon President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono (SBY), Anas said that it was not necessary because SBY was not involved in the bank scandal.
"Indeed it is not necessary to summon him because he has no connections with the Century Bank case," he said.
However he said the committee must summon all linked to the case so that the handling of the case could be comprehensive and impartial.
He said the committee must also work transparently and also its budget while all linked to the case must be summoned.
On the failure of the Team 9 to meet with President SBY, Anas said the meeting failed because it was considered unnecessary. "It was cancelled because it was considered unnecessary. Mas Ara (Maruarar) has also asked for its cancelation," he said.
Earlier the team led by Maruarar Sirait from the Indonesia Democratic Party-Struggle (PDIP) had met with national figures to seek support for the investigation of the Century Bank case.
Anas said besides it was considered unnecessary the meeting with President SBY would also be done in the framework of seeking support and that had already been conveyed. It is not that President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono has already expressed his support, he said.
He said President Yudhoyono had already expressed his support so that the committee could be established. Even the committee has already started working now, he said.***1*